It's the weekend and it's time to have a little fun. I'll never pass up on a great dessert and this one has two of my favorite things combined; cupcakes and root beer floats, which I loved so much growing up in Michigan. I've always been an avid baker and when I saw these cupcakes with the Faygo "pop" in the background, I knew I had to have the recipe. So, I'll be trying these cupcakes out this weekend and indulging in a little food fun. If you'd like to try these cupcakes out as well, the recipe is below. Enjoy!
Image and Recipe via: SerendipityMommy.com
Root Beer Float Cupcakes:
- 1 Cup Rootbeer Soda (non-diet)
- 1 Teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- ¾ Cup Sugar
- ⅓ Cup Canola Oil (Didn’t have canola I used corn oil)
- ½ Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Teaspoons Root Beer Extract *(if you use root beer concentrate then only use ½ teaspoon)(Candy’s Note: I did not follow this for me it wasn’t enough I used nearly 3 TSP)
- 1⅓ Cups Flour
- ¾ Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- Preheat your oven to 350
- Combine root beer soda and vinegar and let stand for a few minutes.
- Add in the sugar and oil, whisking until slightly frothy.
- Mix in your extracts, and slowly add the flour, along with the baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Careful not to over mix.
- Fill cupcake liners approximately ¾ full.
- (At first I thought I had a lot more batter than 12 cupcakes, but then I noticed the batter would settle, so I went back and added a little batter to each liner, which made 12 cupcakes)
- Bake for about 18 – 22 minutes.
- 8 oz of cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup of butter softened
- 4 cups of powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla bean paste
- Beat cream cheese and butter until well blended
- Add powdered sugar; mix until nice and creamy.