If you haven’t heard by now, blue is my favorite color, the ocean is my favorite place, and serenity is my absolute favorite thing! That’s one of the reasons why I love to see destination weddings on the beach or near the ocean, as it encompasses all the things that speak to me.
Destination weddings allow couples to plan a wedding and honeymoon simultaneously and their guests get the opportunity to plan a mini vacation. Many times guests are traveling from long distances or haven’t seen the couple for a long time and a destination wedding has given the opportunity for additional bonding and celebrating the joys of the event.
|Image Courtesy of GorgeousWorld.net|
|Image Courtesy of Bridal-Bags.com|
If you’re planning a Destination Wedding, just remember a few tips via DestinationWeddings.com:
· The average Destination Wedding saves on average $20,000 than the average wedding
· Guests for a Destination Wedding spend approximately $750 to attend for travel & hotel stay
· Destinations don’t have to be out of the country. The top spots are: Las Vegas, Hawaii, US Virgin Islands, Jamaica, and Bahamas.
· Guests should be notified 4-6 months prior to the wedding so they can make arrangements to attend (Save-the-Dates)
· Most importantly, you can honeymoon while you’re there! That's the main idea right?